Sunday 2 December 2018

Cliffhanger Story

“Don’t bother to hide, I will always catch you.” The hoarse voice whispered in my ear. I wondered…  what was behind the door? A strange maroon light was glowing in the doorframe, giving the room a ghostly feel that shivered through my bones. Then it came again. “I see you. I am going to get you” The wooden door creaked open, as I took one quivering step at a time towards it.  My heart banged painfully in my chest, and my eyes widened until they nearly burst. The door gap expanded, and beneath the murky darkness, I saw a face. “I have found you…”

I felt a sharp pain in my chest as the person dragged me deeper into the darkness of the room. I screamed, my voice echoing into the darkness. The now familiar maroon light was glowing dimly in the distance. I was getting closer and closer to it, and the door was getting further and further away. I kept stumbling over mysterious shapes on the floor. ‘Probably mud’ I thought to myself, and I gasped as the light ahead revealed the identity of them… dead bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment